The Pie Wagon Restaurant of Nashville, TN Welcome to The Pie Wagon Restaurant of Nashville, TNWelcome to The Pie Wagon of Nashville TN
In 1922, the Coombs exness brothers established the first permanent location of The Pie Wagon, which was originally named The Majestic Cafe. At that time, the restaurant was a trolley car that sat behind what is now the Frist Center. They served short-order, Southern food 24 hours a day.
In the 1920s, restaurants that served food out of trolley cars were referred to as pie wagons. Around 1965, The Pie Wagon moved into a building on 12th and McGavock. Although the restaurant no longer resided in a trolley car, people continued to refer to it as The Pie Wagon, and, over time, the original name was lost.
The restaurant changed exness thailand owners three times before Carol Babb bought it in 1990. She became the first female owner and began serving classic Southern food in the cafeteria style we know today. In 2002, Carol designed a new restaurant and moved The Pie Wagon into its current location on Division Street between Music Row and The Gulch. She is in the process of passing the torch on to her son, Jason Babb, so that the restaurant can stay family-owned.
The Pie Wagon has been a staple of Music Row for many years and it has even been nicknamed The Music Row Commissary. They are famous in Nashville for their Hot Chicken and Fried Catfish exness th. The Pie Wagon has been written up internationally and featured in the New York Times, Chicago Tribune, and Life Magazine as well as many other well-known publications. The Pie Wagon has also been featured on CNN as the best restaurant in Nashville for Southern food.
1302 Division St. Nashville, TN 37203 | 615-256-5893 (phone) | 615-244-5494 (fax)